THREE months, whaaaaatt?! Out with little squishy newborn Neeson and in with adorably smiley little boy Neeson. This kid is so chill, so happy, so exuberant. Every day is a new adventure and we are constantly falling in love with him all over again. Having a baby is so fun!
I really don’t mean to brag, but goodness, our Neeson Foley is the best babe in the world. How we got so lucky, I’ll never know. Everyone jokes that this means number 2 will probably be a terror. One and done, I say to that. Better stop while we’re ahead. 😉
Dave and I often talk about how little and how massively our lives have changed since having Neeson. Everything is pretty much the same, but it’s all completely different. That makes sense, right? Basically, we just do all the same things as we did before, but with a tiny tag along who makes everything way funner. (yep, it’s a word.) For month 3 we’re celebrating our sweet boy and 10 things that make him the coolest baby this side of the Mississippi. Both sides, maybe.
- He’s my own personal little work out buddy. I probably burn 500 calories each day just from laughing at him. 🙂 I don’t want him to get too full of himself, but we sure think he’s pretty hilarious.
- He doesn’t sleep through the night yet (so neither do we), but he (and we!) falls right back asleep after he eats, so THAT is fantastic.
- He saves us $$$ every day by not leaking or pooping out of Luvs diapers. #frugalbaby
- He also saves us $$$ by fitting in size newborn clothes for three months (or more). We’re rocking the 4th percentile over here, folks, and proud of it!
- He isn’t afraid of slippin’ the ladies the tongue when they give him kisses…and by ladies I mean me. That’s gotta mean future good fortune in love, yes?
- He wants to play all the minutes of all the days. Except for when he’s sleeping, but even then he’s giggling, so I think he’s probably dreaming about playing.
- His feeding routine goes about like so: suck, unlatch, get sprayed in face, giggle & smile, relatch, eat, and repeat. He’s like, “bathe me in the milk, mama.”
- His poop faces are better than your poop faces.
- One sure way to get him to nap is a long stroller ride, which means this gal’s gonna fit in her pants again faster. Or someday, at least.
- He’s a mega ego booster. I get smiled at a bajillion times per day AND finally have someone else who cracks up at my jokes. 🙂